Thursday, June 2, 2016

Shoe shopping

I bought some closed toes water shoes for the kids to be their summer shoes. They are cheaper than the regular sandals or shoes, which is perfect for the short summer we have here. (Not a lot of money, but fit the bill.) however, Joshua's shoes start to worn out after only one month, or not even one month! So... I need to buy new shoes for the twins (might as well). I happened to receive a string of coupon emails from some stores, and the prices are really good. We didn't have time to go this weekend, so we could only go tonight. First, I wanted them to be there, so they could try on the shoes. Second, I wanted to go as soon as possible, so there would be plenty of choices, because it seems like they run out of the exact size I want every time.

OK, to get them out of the door was already a battle. I had to yell all the way, finish your dinner, put your socks and shoes on! HURRY!!

Then when we were in the car, Joshua said "thank you mommy for cooking dinner for me." It was such a surprise, but ... wait! He didn't even eat much! I asked him who taught him to say that. He told me Ms. Teresa. I will for sure let the teacher know that her teaching is so successful.

When we got to the store, the boys were so excited. It was in the evening, there were only one other mom and her two kids, one girl and one boy. They sat quietly playing blocks and puzzles. The twins were so excited, running and screaming in the store. I told them to go sit and play blocks quietly, while I indulged myself in the cute and glittering girl clothes. I finally made my way to the boys shoes section. Ah~ so boring compared to girls shoes. 

I turned and I saw Joshua on the Lego table. I told him to come off, and the little girl said "that's what I was trying to tell him." She had "he's driving me crazy" written all over her face. Oh~ I didn't know what to say. Girl, you're not alone.

Then I wanted the boys to pick out the shoes they liked. They did, but apparently they were more interested in playing. I couldn't tell if they really like the shoes they picked or just brushed me off. Shoe shopping is not an exciting thing for boys at all! The whole time they were very excited, being silly and laughing so hard. 

Lessons learned:

Lesson 1: pay the price to buy a decent quality pair of shoes. Boys break everything. That's their goal of life, at least for now.

Lesson 2: boys don't care about what clothes or shoes they wear. They are definitely not excited about clothes shopping. Shopping for food is a different story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...