Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin mini muffins 南瓜迷你馬芬

Saturday morning I was in bed, waiting for the boys to wake up anytime. I had some time this morning to bake something for breakfast. I was searching for recipes using my cell phone. Wow! This recipe with raving reviews caught my eyes. I made mini muffins instead, and I multiplied everything 1.5 fold but forgot to do the same with sugar. They came out very moist, just like from a box cake mix. 

Ingredients (make 24 mini muffins) (if multiply 1.5 make 36 mini muffins and 5 standard size muffins)

  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I use 1 1/2 cup AP + 3/4 cup whole wheat)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder (I use 3 tsp)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (1/2 + 1/4 tsp)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (1/2 + 1/4 tsp)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I use 3 tsp, see note below)


  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (I use 9 Tbsp)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed (I forgot to increase it. Should be 1 1/8 cup)
  • 10 oz. pumpkin puree (I use 1 can, 15 oz)
  • 1 large egg (I use 2 large eggs)
  • 1/4 cup milk (I use a little less than 1/2 cup)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use 1 1/2 tsp)
      Note: Home made pumpkin spices
    • 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
    • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
    • 2 teaspoons nutmeg
    • 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
    • 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves

 Cream cheese icing (optional):
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

 

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
  3. In a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients.
  4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until just combined.
  5. Pour into greased muffins cups 3/4 full.
  6. Bake for 10 min for mini muffins and 20 min for standard size muffins. Use a toothpick to test the doneness.
  7. To make the frosting, combine all ingredients and beat for 1-2 minutes, until fluffy
  8. Cool, frost and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...