Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Baked salmon

The twins are over 18 months old now. It looks like I have abandoned my blog. I haven't been posting anything for over 4 months! Well, I have been very busy but happy.

I fought so hard at my last job to work part-time, but ended up leaving anyway. I was fortunate enough to find a hospital that allows me to work part-time, and I have been going part-time for over 3 months now. I get to spend more time with the kids, and it has it's ups and downs, but in general, I am happier than before.


The twins are walking, running and talking to each other in their own language. The person they care the most is each other, but they have no mercy for each other, especially when they fight for toys. As they get taller, they can reach more things on the shelf. They need to use up their every bit of energy everyday. The house is a mess every where. Amazingly, they understand a lot of things now. They are getting so cute! However, they have become picky eaters. They spit out anything they don't like. Well, with not many teeth, that really leave me with very few choices to cook for them. Fortunately, I found out they like fish! They eat so much of it like they would never get full.

Here's how I prepare the salmon:

1. Lay a piece of foil in the baking dish.
2. Brush a layer of oil with pastry brush.
3. Lay the salmon down, and brush some oil on the surface of the salmon.
4. Drizzle some low-sodium chicken broth in the baking dish, so that the fish won't get dry.
5. Sprinkle some salt on the fish.
6.. Bake at 350F for 30 min.


The salmon is very tender and flaky. Just use a fork to break it into small pieces. Let cool for a while and serve. My little picky eaters like it, but who knows how soon they will get tired of it. Well, as least they are happy for now, and that makes a happy mom too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...