Saturday, March 16, 2013

Celebrate St. Patrick Day -- Green muffins

I found this recipe on one of the blogs I follow. These mini muffins were amazingly delicious. I will for sure make them again and again, because my boys just couldn't have enough. They didn't even wait to swallow and stuff their mouth full of muffins. Perfect for St. Patrick Day treats too!








Spinach mini muffins (make 24)

  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (or as much as you like)
  • 5-6 oz of fresh spinach 
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil

  • 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (or with whole wheat flour)
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt 




Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and puree.
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and combine.
4. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
5. Scoop batter into a greased mini muffin tin with an ice cream scooper.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.


As I finished baking them, took pictures and got ready to post it on the blog, Joshua woke up from his nap. Perfect timing! So I fed him the muffins. He gobbled down THREE immediately! Half hour later, Caleb woke up and did the same as his brother. Wow! I have no idea that the muffins can be such a big hit AND -- with spinach in it!

I made 24 mini muffins. By the end of the day, there were only 4 left, so I just put them in a ziplock bag and put them in the refrigerator. No storage problem there, because they don't last long. I still have no idea why they like it so much. You definitely can't taste any of the spinach. 

http://lukai09.pixnet.net/blog/post/29591097 

http://weelicious.com/2012/01/04/spinach-cake-muffins/ 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...