Three Cup Chicken
- 6 chicken drumsticks, chop to separate into 3 pieces each (be careful about the broken bones)
- 4-5 slices of ginger
- 2 cups of basil
- 3 hot peppers
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce, sesame oil and cooking wine (each 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup of water
- salt to taste
- 2-3 small pieces of rock sugar (optional)
1. Heat up the pan. Add the sesame oil, heat until it can flow freely in pan.
2. Add the ginger to pan. Saute until the ginger pieces are a little brown and dry (about 1 minute).
3. Add the hot pepper and chicken drumsticks. Saute until the chicken changes color on the surface.
4. Add the soy sauce, cooking wine, rock sugar and water. Cover and cook until the sauce has reduced.
5. Add the basil just before done. Mix well. Turn off the stove. Serve.