The sauce (serves 4 people):
- Ground pork: 1/2 lb.
- String bean: 3/4 lb.
- Carrots: 1/4 lb. (optional)
- Chinese five spice flavored tofu: 4 pieces
- Scallion: 8 sticks
- Japanese cucumber: 4 sticks
- Sweetened soybean paste: 1/2 cup
- Garlic powder: 2 Tbsp
- Chilli sauce or hot pepper (optional)
- Fresh soybeans: 1 cup (optional)
1. Chop/dice the string beans, carrots, tofu and scallions in fine pieces (like the ground pork).
2. Heat up 4-5 Tbsp oil in pan.
3. Cook the pork and scallions until all pork is done (color changed). Add the garlic powder.
4. Add the chopped string beans, carrots and tofu. Stir to mix well.
5. Add the sweetened soybean paste. Stir to mix well. The paste is usually pretty salty, so add 1/2 cup first and taste it. If not enough to your taste, add a little bit more.
6. Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente.
7. Cover the noodles with the sauce and serve with julienned Japanese cucumbers.