Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 1 of life

I woke up several times in the middle of the night feeling cold, I was shivering. Then I felt so hot. I asked my husband if he felt the room was hot, he said no. I felt so thirsty and I kept asking for ice chips. The nurse said I shouldn't feel thirsty because I was on IV, and was skeptical to give me the ice chips. I kept begging, then in the morning, I had tummy ache. She took really good care of me.


I was hooked up to so many things, IV, blood pressure belt and a belt to help pumping my blood back from my legs. Despite feeling so tired, I didn't sleep well, because the nurse came in every hour to checked on my, night and day.


I asked my husband to go to NICU and take lots of pictures and videos for the babies and bring them back to me since I was tied to all these devices. Oh~ They looked so cute! The day shift nurse came in and asked me to start pumping breast milk. Wow! This early! I didn't have milk yet! I did it for 45 minutes, but I wasn't on the pump the whole 45 minutes. I felt asleep.

My in-laws and brother-in-law came to visit, but the nurse said I couldn't have visitors, so they went to see the babies in the NICU. I asked my husband take them out to a dim sum restaurant to celebrate.

The resident came in the afternoon to check on me and discharge me from the OB service. The nurse pushed the heavy bed along with many equipments hooked on me to NICU to see the babies. I told her not to bother, I could visit the babies later. She insisted me seeing the babies while I was still in bed.

This was my first time holding my babies. Wow! They were heavy! The NICU nurse said I did a good job to get them this big. I didn't expect they would be this big either. They gained 3 pounds in the last month! Thank God they were good size and didn't need any interventions despite of their prematurity.

While I kissed goodbye Caleb, Joshua started to cry. Wow! They started the jealousy fight this early!


ps. I stayed in the hospital for 5 days and went home. The nurses really took great care of me. My babies will stay in the NICU until they are ready. We will come in everyday to visit them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...