Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baked cheesy shirmp bread 奶油焗烤麵包

We were running out of food, including baby formula. Looked like I needed to pay a visit to BJ's. My husband told me that he didn't see some of the items on the shopping list. I knew he didn't look carefully, so I have to go there myself. We asked my mother-in-law to come over and watch the twins with my husband. I was on my way to BJ's. It's nice to get out of the house and take a break from the baby-sitting. I bought almost $300 worth of groceries! Maybe I was in an excellent shopping mood. My husband said it's dangerous to let me go shopping by myself. I bought a baguette. I made some garlic bread with it, but I was thinking how to use up the rest of the baguette. If I don't use it soon, it will get as hard as stone. Carol has this really nice recipe, so enjoy it.


Baked cheesy bread:
  • Baguette 170 g
  • Butter 2 Tbsp
  • Cake flour 25 g
  • Garlic 4-5 cloves (original recipe uses 1/4 onion)
  • Shrimp 150 g
  • Sweet peas 1/2 cup (original recipe uses 50 g ham)
  • Milk 350 g 
  • Mozzarella cheese2 cups
Instructions:
1. Cut baguette in cubes
2. Marinate the peeled shirmps with 1 tsp white wine and 1/4 tsp salt
3. Melt the butter in pan. Cook the garlic on low heat.
4. Add the cake flour and mix well.
5. Gradually add the milk and mix well.
6. Add the shirmps and let it cook to boil.
7. Mix in the baguette. If it's too dry, add some water or milk, one Tbsp at a time.
8. Put the bread mix in a oven safe container, and spread mozzarella cheese on it.
9. Bake at 350 F, 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...