Monday, January 23, 2012

ATU Visit (31W1D)


Today is the Chinese New Year, the Year of Dragon, and I have my regular visit at the antepartum testing unit. We will see how big the babies grow today. Again, I saw them on the ultrasound screen. Just lovely and adorable! They are 3 lbs 13 oz (twin A) and 3 lbs 11 oz (twin B) now. I hope they get big soon, like 5 lbs, because I know I will deliver early. I really hope I can make it to March, which will make me 36 weeks. By 36 weeks, babies should have finished the major development. The lungs will keep maturing and they just need to gain weight until they are full-term.


Today they found something unusual. Baby A has a slightly dilated kidney (right side). They asked me if I had abnormal screen, because it could be a weak sign of Trisomy 21. I was so shocked and worried. I was almost in tears. I told Baby A: Baby, it's OK. Don't be scared. We will have you and love you no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...