Saturday, November 12, 2011

Creamy Strawberry Cake 草莓鮮奶油蛋糕

My husband is such a sweet heart. He barely did any house work before we got married. However, he has learned so much since we got married and is always helping around the house. He is also very patient, a virtue I never have. More importantly, he is always very pleasant. He laughs all the time! I guess that's what I like about him the most. Today is his birthday. He likes desserts with fruits, such as vanilla, strawberry, so I am going to make a cake with fruit in it. Hope he will like it.

Happy Birthday, my dear!!

Creamy Strawberry Cake:

Vanilla chiffon cake (8-inch round pan):
  • 5 egg yolks (from large eggs, cold)
  • 20 g sugar
  • 30 g vegetable oil (cooking oil)
  • 45 g milk
  • 90 g cake flour, sifted
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
  • 5 egg whites (from large eggs, cold)
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 60 g sugar
  • fresh strawberries
  • canned peach, sliced
  • whipped cream

1. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 300 F.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together.
3. Add the cooking oil and vanilla paste. Mix well.
4. Take turns to mix in milk and flour in two additions.
5. In a separate, clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on low speed for 30 sec. 
6. Add the lemon juice and half of the sugar, and beat on high speed until the meringue becomes fine.
7. Add the rest of the sugar, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
8. Mix 1/3 of the meringue with the flour mix, then mix in the rest of the meringue.
9. Bake at 300 F for 45 min.
10. Invert the cake onto a rack immediately after it's done. Let cool completely.
11. Run a knife around the brim to release the cake. Use a pastry brush to brush off the crumbs.
12. Cut into 3 pieces horizontally.
13. Spread whip cream on the first layer and add the sliced peach.
14. Add the second layer of cake, then whip cream, then sliced strawberries.
15. Put on the top layer. Decorate with whipped cream and strawberries.


ps. This cake tasted great! We even had it for breakfast the next morning. It was so irresistible! It took a lot of self-control to leave some left-over cake for my husband. I cut out a piece for myself, then I asked my husband if he wanted any. He said, "Sure! It tastes great!" I said, "Yeah, just because it tastes so good that I want it all to myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...