Tuesday, November 29, 2011

ATU Visit (23W2D)


Thanksgiving has come and gone. The weather has been getting cold, but no snow yet. There's not much foliage this year. All the leaves seem turn brown and die so soon. Now there are no leaves on trees anymore. It looks winter-ish, but no snow yet, which is a good thing. I really don't want to get stuck in traffic.



Today I have an appointment at the ATU. For some reason, they are really behind today. Usually when I enter the waiting room, there is just me. Today the waiting room is full of patients. I waited for an hour before someone called me name. It's interesting to observe people's response to this while I was waiting. Some people were cool; some were getting really impatient; some were happy. They had a scheduling problem today, that's why they were so behind.

It's that young sonographer did my scan today. She told me Baby A is head down today, and Baby B is head up. I am not surprised that they've changed position. I can tell when they have big movements in there. For some reason, I could barely breath, and my heart almost stopped. I just don't know what position they've changed to. Baby B has changed his position too. He is still head up, but has turned his head away at where my liver is. Quite different from last time.

Baby A is head down, so feet up. That sort of makes sense, since I feel a lot of kicks around my stomach area. Somehow Baby B has been quite for a while. I haven't felt him moving for days. Has he been sleeping? This makes me a little worried. We bought a fetal doppler to monitor the babies heart beats if necessary. I can detect his heart beats, just can't feel him much.

On the ultrasound today, the sonographer was going to print some pictures for me, because she knew I don't get many pictures from ultrasound scans. Babies used to cover their faces with their hands, which made it difficult to see them well. However, they are not camera-shy today. As soon as she said so, Baby B put his finger in his mouth and started to suck on it. The picture is not too clear, but he looks so cute on the screen. The timing is perfect! I really love to come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...