Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Full Fetal Survey (18WD2)


I took this week off, because I have 3 appointments this week. I also asked my husband to take this week off, in case I need support or care. He is my best companion. Ever since I've known him, we go everywhere together. No matter how far away the place, he would drive me around. I was pretty independent before, but have become a passenger since then. I remember when we were planning our wedding, he would drive me around to different appointments, cake tasting, florists, etc.



Today we are going to have the full fetal survey ultrasound at the Diagnostic Ultrasound. This is a well known radiology group on Boston. One of the radiologists there was the founding father for "nuchal translucency". First, the sonographer did the exam. She told me both babies are head up today. She didn't say much, but looked at the screen very carefully. I was so nervous, and hoped that everything was normal. It took her 30 min to do both babies, and she told us everything looks fine, but just to be sure, a radiologist will come in and take a look at the babies.

Then the radiologist came in. I asked her the gender of the babies, and she told me they are BOYS!! She checked everything the sonographer has checked, and told us that everything looks fine. We were so released. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly from here. Now my goal is to have them in my belly for as long as possible. My biggest fear now is preterm labor. I am going to do everything I can to prevent that. According to Dr. Barbara Luke's book, I need to drink a lot of water, until my urine is as the color of water. I need to rest whenever possible. I will do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...