Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Full Fetal Survey Part II (18W3D)


Today we went to the ATU at the hospital to have the second ultrasound done. We went in at 10:30 am, and the clinical fellow started doing the scan. She looked at the membrane that separates the babies, the placenta, the umbilical cord, and all the internal organs for both babies. There were a few things she couldn't see, mainly because the babies didn't let her. She then asked an expert, a long time sonographer from the radiology department, to come to do the scan. The lady came in and repeated all the scans again. She said that Baby A is still in the breech position, but Baby B has changed his position three times in the period of 2 hours!! Ha! That's funny! :-) He doesn't like to be seen, or he is playing with us. Then the doctor came in and commented that everything looks fine. She said the babies are in the same house, but different bedrooms, which is a good thing. And their size are up to date, and they grow equally well.

It took them 2 hours to finish the scan. I was so hungry already. We went to have shabu (hot pot), our favorite restaurant. I felt a little relieved knowing that they are well. Now I really have to do my best to keep them in my belly for as long as possible. I keep telling them everyday: Babies, you are doing so well. Stay inside for as long as possible. Don't come out too soon. Wait until March!

I read the information on the internet and in books, they all say that babies can hear the sound outside of womb now, and it's time to talk to the babies or play music to them. Once I played the Sound of Music on my cell phone and held it close to my belly. they moved! How neat! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...