Other than the big tomatoes, my in-laws also grew some cherry tomatoes. Tomatoes can be either vegetables or fruits. The big tomatoes are not so easy to eat like apples, because it is so juicy and easy to make a mess. Therefore, some smart farmers created a new kind of tomato -- the cherry tomato! Now it is so easy to add tomatoes in the salad or eat them as snacks. Same delicious tastes and no mess! The cherry tomatoes are not as juicy as big tomatoes, it's also good for cooking. This dish is a very common Chinese home dish on the dinner table. However, we had it for breakfast with rice soup -- so luxury!
Cherry tomato scramble eggs:
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 eggs
- 1 green scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Heat up 3 Tbsp cooking oil. (A little more oil is better for cooking eggs.)
2. Saute the tomatoes for 2 min. (As long as they look cooked. Raw tomato is not really delicious in this dish.)
3. Scramble the eggs and add to the tomatoes. Let it curdle first, then scramble the eggs with the spatula.
4. Add the chopped scallions and the sesame oil. Mix well. Serve.