Thursday, September 15, 2011

Black bean anchovy hot sauce 小魚豆豉辣椒醬

My mother-in-law doesn't eat any spicy food at all. Therefore, she is very sensitive if there is slightly hint of spiciness in the food. However, they got some pepper seeds from my sister-in-law's colleague. They thought they are seeds for bell peppers, only to find out months later that they are hot peppers. I grew up eating spicy food. My mom said I started to have spicy food almost everyday when I was in her belly. However, these hot peppers to me are FLAMING HOT!! Not only do they taste spicy, they can also upset my stomach afterwards. Nevertheless, I am still the only one who can touch them in my family. So I use Carol's recipe for making them into a hot sauce, which can be preserved for a longer time. This is so hot that I can finish a bowl of rice with just a little of it. My father-in-law said to save them for winter time, because there are a lot of fresh vegetables coming.
 

Black bean anchovy hot sauce  小魚豆豉辣椒醬:
  •  Dried anchovies 100 g
  • Hot red peppers 600 g
  • Garlic 150 g
  • Salty black beans 200 g
  • Cooking oil 400 g (can mix with a little sesame oil)
  • Seasonings: soy sauce 50 g, oyster sauce 50 g, cooking wine 30 g, brown sugar 4 Tbsp, salt 1 tsp

Instructions:

1. Chop the red peppers. (Cautions: wear gloves to prevent burning hands.)

2. Chop the garlic.

3. Heat up the oil in pan. Add the hot peppers and garlic. Saute for 1 min.

4. Add the salty black beans (available in Chinese grocery stores) and anchovies. Saute for 30 sec.

5. Add the seasonings. Mix well and cook for 1 min. 

6. Let cool and preserve them in clean glass bottles. Store in the refrigerator.



1 comment:

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...