Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shrimp scampi

I have become so lazy recently. I don't want to do anything, just want to take a nap. The breeze in the hot summer afternoon surely puts me right to sleep. Shrimp scampi is my favorite dish when I go to UNO. I am amazed about the consistency of the dish. No matter which UNO I go to, the taste is always the same. The smooth buttery sauce with al denta thin spaghetti, um ... um ... um ... delicious!! I tried to reproduce it at home, just for fun, and it tasted great!! The tomatoes from my in-laws' garden are just start to ripen. Nothing compares to a home-grown tomato.

Ingredients (serving 2):
  • 20 medium shrimps, defrost and deveined
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 5 oz. thin spaghetti
  • a few basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup dry vermouth
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
Instructions:
1. Cook the spaghetti to al denta.

2. Heat the 2 Tbsp butter in the pan. Toss the chopped garlic in.Saute until the smell comes out, then add the shrimps. Add the dry vermouth. Cook for 1 minute.

3. Add the diced tomatoes, and mix everything together. 

4. Add the cooked pasta. Add a little of the pasta water if necessary.

5. Decorate with the basil leaves. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...