There is a heat wave covering all US right now. The nres said it's not just heat waves, but a heat dome, which stays and takes longer time to pass. There have to be a few days in the year remind me that "Ah~ Summer!" Remember to keep your fluids up, keep well-hydrated! Sha cha sauce and seafood are good combinations. Calamari is one of my favorite seafood. I think Cheesecake Factory has the best fried calamari. To make the calamari curls during cooking, it has to be cut in a certain way and on the right side too. I once cut the pattern on the wrong side, and, of course, it didn't curl. I also add some vegetables for color and nutrients. This is a quick easy dish for lunch box.
- 2 frozen calamari, thawed
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 cup carrot slices
- Seasonings: salt, 2 Tbsp sha cha sauce (沙茶醬), 2 Tbsp Worcester sauce (黑醋), 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 Tbsp cooking wine, 2 Tbsp water
1. Cut open the calamari, and clean inside. Lay it flat on the cutting board, inside up, and cut diagonal patterns through out. Turn it 90 degrees, and cut the diagonal patterns. Do not cut through the calamari, just make patterns. The closer the lines are, the more curly they will be later.
2. Cut the calamari into 1" x 1" pieces.
3. Heat up two Tbsp cooking oil in pan. Add the garlic for the aroma to come out.
4. When it gets hotter, add the calamari. Stir. The calamari will curl once it is heated.
5. Add the vegetables, and stir together.
6. Add the seasonings, and cover. Cook until the sauce has reduced. Plate and serve.