The temperature significantly increases today. Walking outside, I can feel the heat wave rolls me up like a hot towel. Cold dishes are a real treat in this kind of weather. Usually it accompanies with a little a vinegar and some aromas (cilantro, scallions, etc.) to help with the appetite. Again, this is from Carol's kitchen, but I also add some modifications. It tastes good no matter how you prepare it.
- Seaweed, shredded 1 pound
- Green bean sprouts 3 cups
- Enoki mushrooms (金針菇) 1 pack
- Carrots, shredded 1/2 cup
- Five-spice tofu 4, thin sliced
- Cilantro, finely shopped
- Garlic 7-8 cloves, grated with microplane knife
- Soy sauce 2 Tsp
- Worcester sauce (烏醋) 2 Tsp
- Rice vinegar 2 Tsp
- Sesame oil 3 Tsp
- Hot pepper sauce 1 Tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
1. Cook the seaweed in boiling water for 10 min. Rinse in cold water and cut in 4 inch in length.
2. Soak the enoki mushroom and bean spouts in the leftover hot water for 30 seconds. (No need to boil it again.) Remove from hot water and rinse with cold water.
3. Mix all ingredients together and with the seasonings. Refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.