Popcorn is a popular snack at anytime any place. If someone pops a bag of popcorn in the office, people will follow the smell and gather at "the source". It is also a nice treat when we are watching movies in the evening. My husband is the chief of entertainment -- he is in charge of the movie, and I am in charge of food. Sometimes it's fruit, roasted nuts, and of course, popcorn. To make it healthier, we use vegetable oil to pop them, and we don't add any toppings, just a pinch of salt to season.
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup whole corn kernels
- Enough vegetable oil to soak or coat the corn
- A pinch of salt
1. Put the dry corn kernels in a quart size pan.
2. Add enough oil to coat/soak the corn. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Cover. Turn on the stove, keep it on low heat, and wait for the wonderful popping sound.
4. Serve immediately.