Sunday, July 10, 2011

Japanese cucumber coleslaw 涼拌小黃瓜

Time has officially entered summer, and the weather proves it. I just feel sweating even I am sitting down doing nothing, not to mention standing in front of the stove cooking and baking. Oh, I miss cooking something cold. This cucumber coleslaw is a common summer dish when I was growing up. You could see it almost everyday on the dinner table. I bet my parents are still making it everyday now! It's easy, fast, healthy and delicious!

 Ingredients:
  • 4 Japanese cucumbers
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • Seasoning: 1 tsp hot pepper sauce (optional), 1 Tsp rice vinegar, 1 Tsp sesame oil, a pinch of salt
Instructions:

1. Whack the cucumber with a chop knife, making it flat, then cutting it into 4 sections. This is to make the pieces into uneven shape, so they are easy to soak up the flavor.

2. Whack the garlic too, removing the skin.

3. Mix in the seasonings and toss it really well.

4. Refrigerate for 20 min. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...