For today's BBQ, we have babyback ribs, stuffed beef flank, beef kabobs, orange chicken wings, chicken drumsticks, shrimps and salmon fillets.
Babyback rib rub (2 full slabs):
- Sweet paprika 2 Tsp
- Brown sugar 2 Tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1.5 tsp
- Thyme 0.5 tsp
Stuffed beef flank (about 6 x 8 inch):
- Some basils, cilantro and garlic, chopped
- Provolone cheese, thin sliced
Orange chicken wings marinate (for 24 chicken wings):
- Zest from two oranges
- Garlic, minced
- Cooking wine 2 Tsp
- Honey 3 Tsp
- Olive oil 1 Tsp
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice 1 Tsp
1. Rub the ribs with the spice mix one hour before grilling.
2. Set up the grill. Put the hot charcoals on one side of the grill. Put some water in a shallow foil dish under the side where the ribs will be. This is to keep the ribs moist.
3. Put the ribs on the grill, meat side down. Cover and grill for 1.5 hours.
4. Brush some BBQ sauce on the ribs. Turn the ribs and switch the position of the ribs. The one that's further away from the charcoal should be closer to the charcoal now.
5. Cover and grill for another 1.5 hours. Brush more BBQ sauce.
Stuffed beef flank:
1. Butterfly the beef flank from the long side. Leave just about half an inch at the hinge.
2. Open the flank and rub the chopped spices in. Lay over the provolone cheese, stay 1 inch away from the edge.
3. Roll it in a log. Tie it with strings starting from the ends to center of the log. Each tight is about half inch away from each other.
4. Push the skewers through where the strings are tight.
5. Cut the beef between the strings. They look like lollypops.
Orange chicken wings:
1. Marinate the chicken wings overnight.