Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Homemade blueberry jam 自製藍莓果醬

More blueberries! I just can't stop thinking and cooking about blueberries. I made some jam out of fresh blueberries, and it tastes great! This is my first time making jam at home, and I am very satisfied with the result. A big advantage to make your own jam is that you can control the amount of sugar, and you know what is in it. My husband thinks I still live in the 18th century, but it's OK. I am happy this way.

Since this is the first time making jam at home, so I did a trial version.

Pectin
Ingredients (makes about 3/4 cup):
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 12 g pectin
Instructions:
1. Crushed the blueberries in a blender.

2. Mix the crushed blueberries, sugar and pectin together in a sauce pan.

3. Cook until it bubbles and gets thick. (It will set after cooling, so don't cook it too thick. If it gets too thick after cooling, just add one Tbsp water and microwave for 15 seconds.)

4. Pour the hot jam mixture into the sterilized jars (boiled and dried completely) and put on the lids. Turn them upside down immediately. Let stand at room temperature until cooled. 
Note: There is an instruction sheet comes with the pectin, but it was too complicated for me, so I went with my own way. It worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...