I bought a pot of basil from the supermarket last year. As they were growing bigger, I moved them to my garden. I moved them indoor before the winter came, and now I replanted them outside, because ... spring is here!! Basil smells so good, and the best way to appreciate it is to make Pesto sauce.
Pesto sauce (grind everything up in a blender):
- 1/3 lb basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 or 6 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 4 or 5 whole walnuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water from cooking the pasta
- pinch of salt
1. Cook the pasta to "al dente".
2. In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil.
3. Cook the shrimps and calamari. Add some Vermouth dry white wine (3 Tbsp).
4. Add some vegetables, asparagus, broccoli or leafy vegetables, coarsely chopped.
5. Add the pasta and the pesto sauce. Mix well. Add more pasta water if needed.
It smells incredible, looks great and tastes delicious !!