Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mango cheese cake 芒果起司蛋糕

Since mango is in season, and I have some leftover materials from the Father's Day mango mousse cake, I decided to make a mango cheese cake. I used to add lemon or orange scent into cheese cake for variety, but this time I wanted to try mango. I found this recipe online, which is really easy. I still had one mango left from last time, and I'd better use it before it got rottened. I waited until everybody's at sleep to make it. To my surprise, it was really easy, only took me 30 minutes, and I was in bed at 10:30 pm.

Looking at their little faces, holding their little hands, they are almost too perfect. I know it's hard to bake or make some snacks because of the babies, but I think making some snacks or treats for my dear husband in a nice thing. Me?! I am on a diet!! Need to lose the pregnancy weight ASAP!!




Mango cheese cake: (6-inch springform pan)
  • Cream cheese 8 oz. (227 g), softened
  • Sugar 35 g
  • Mango 200 g (remove skin and core, about 1 mango)
  • Whipping cream 150 g
  • Lemon juice 1Tbsp
  • Knox gelatin 2 envelops
  • Butter 50 g, melted
  • Graham cracker 120 g

1. Mix the melted butter and cracker and spread evenly in the bottom of the pan.
2. Bake at 300F for 10 min. (optional) Let cool.
3. Mix the gelatin with 40 cc water (or until no dry powder is seen). Let stand for 5 min. Put the bowl in simmering water and stir until the gelatin is melted.
4. Use a blender to process the mango. Cook the mango and sugar until boiling. Add the melted gelatin. Stir and let cool. Add the lemon juice.
5. Beat the cream cheese in a bowl. Beat the whipping cream in a separate bowl.
6. Mix the mango with cream cheese, then add the whipped cream.
7. Mix well and pour into the pan. Refrigerate overnight.


Surface mango jelly (optional):
  • Mango 150 g
  • Sugar 20 g
  • Lemon juice 1 Tbsp
  • Knox gelatin 1 envelop

1. Process the mango in the blender.
2. Melt the gelatin in 1 Tbsp cold water. Let stand for 5 min and melt it over simmering water.
3. Cook the mango and sugar until boil. Add the gelatin.
4. Let cool for a while. Add the lemon juice, and lay it over the mousse.
5. Refrigerate until solidified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...