Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stuffed tofu 油豆腐鑲肉

My mom is not a great cook; my dad cooks better than my mom, but there are a few dishes that I remember from childhood to be "my mom's special". Stuffed tofu is one of them. This dish showed up pretty frequent on our dinner table or in my lunch box. No matter when it showed up, it always made me eat a little more rice that day, because it tasted so good. Now I am cooking this in my own kitchen, remembering Mom and my childhood memories.
 
Ingredients:





  • Tofu puff 8
  • Ground pork 1/2 pound
  • Seasoning for pork: a few slices of ginger, scallions, 1 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine, 1 tsp soy sauce and salt

Instructions:

1. Season the ground pork.

2. Cut a hole on the tofu puff and stuff the tofu with the seasoned ground pork.

3. Heat up 1 Tbsp cooking oil in pan.

4. Put the stuffed tofu in. Add 1 cup of water. Cover and cook until water is reduced to less than 1/4 cup.

5. Add 1 Tbsp soy sauce and deglaze the caramelized bits sticking to the bottom of the pan to make a sauce for pouring over the stuffed tofu later.

6. Garnish with some green scallions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Table Of Contents

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...