Friday, July 1, 2011

Cream of asparagus and shrimp 蘆筍鮮蝦濃湯

The July 4th weekend is coming, and a lot of people are on vacation now. The morning and afternoon commute seem to be lighter than usual. The weather this week has been perfect, in the upper 70s during the day and 60s at night. We finally got to install the AC system in our house, but now it seems not necessary. Everyday when we arrive home, I can't wait to check out my daylilies. I can see the buds growing. Maybe soon we can see some beautiful daylilies blooming. Seymour is very jealous that he lost the attention to the dayliles, because I usually check him out first when I get home. After checking out the flowers, the cat and the fish, I start making dinner. After we have dinner, I usually make some bread for breakfast the next day. While waiting for the dough to rise, I watch some TV shows with my husband. This is our very simple and ordinary life. It is always good when I have my sweetheart next to me.


Ingredients (serves 2):

Soup base:
  • Cake flour 3 Tbsp
  • Butter 2 Tbsp (30 g) (Note: Use olive oil if desired.)
  • Milk 2 cups (500 mL)
  • Chicken stock 2 cups (500 mL)

    • Asparagus 5 sticks
    • Shrimps 10

    Instructions:

    1. Remove the hard stem of asparagus and break into short sections. Peel and shrimps.

    2. Melt the butter in a pot on low heat.

    3. Add the flour. Mix. The flour will absorb the butter and become dry.

    4. Slowly add the milk, 1/4 cup at a time. Mix to incorporate the milk before the next addition.

    5. Heat the milk mixture on low heat. Add the chicken stock just before boiling. Mix constantly.

    6. When it's about to boil, turn off heat. Add the shrimps and asparagus. Cover and let stand for 10 min. Sprinkle some parsley and black pepper on top. Serve with dinner rolls and salad. (The shrimps will be cooked by the remaining heat, so they don't become too rubbery.)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Table Of Contents

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...