Ingredients (makes about 8):
For the buns:
- Bread flour 340 g
- Cake flour 80 g
- Sugar 60 g
- Dried milk powder 1 Tbsp
- Egg 1/2
- Butter 50 g (3.5 Tbsp)
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Instant yeast 1 tsp
- Water 225 g
For the topping:
- Green scallions 100 g, chopped
- Cooking oil 50 g
- Japanese bread crumbs 18 g
- Egg 1
- A pinch of black pepper, salt and sugar
1. Mix all ingredients for the buns with a bread machine or a mixer until the dough comes together.
2. Let rise for 1 hr.
3. Cut into 60 g each. Then divide one dough into 3 small pieces (20 g/each).
4. Let rise for another 30 min.
5. Make the filling. Mix everything EXCEPT the green scallions.
6. Make a small cut on top of each bun with a pair of scissors.
7. Now mix the chopped green scallions with the rest of the filling ingredients, so that it doesn't produce water while sitting.
8. Fill a few Tbsp filling into the cut of each bun.
9. Brush some egg wash (optional).
10. Bake at 170 C (340 F) for 10-12 min.